What do you love most about where you live?
Where do you always take out-of-town guests when they come for a visit?
What's the one thing you want people to know about your little corner of Australia?
We know that many members of the Starts at 60 and Travel at 60 communities live in some really interesting parts of Australia – and we want to know more!
Whether you live in the outback, on the beach, in a big city or in a country town, if you'd love the opportunity to sing the praises of your town (or suburb or village), please take a look at the Q&A below.
You don't have to answer every question – although you absolutely can if you want to! Just answer the questions that strike a chord with you and will help paint a brilliant picture of your Aussie town.
Send your answers – together with a photo of you – to [email protected]. It's that easy!
We'll turn it into a story, so the Starts at 60 and Travel at 60 communities can read your story, and learn more about some of the most intriguing, charming and awesome places in Australia.
• Any personal details you’d like to share: (eg age, occupation/former occupation, marital status, kids/grandkids etc)
• Name of town (or suburb if you’re in a major city):
• How long have you lived here?
• Describe your town in a couple of sentences:
• An interesting thing you might not know about my town is….
• What are the best events that take place in your town throughout the year that you’d really recommend to visitors? [please supply details of up to three events]
• What’s the one thing you don’t like/would like to change about your town?
• Why do you love your town so much?
• Best thing for every first-time visitor to do in your town?
• Best place for a coffee? (Feel free to be as specific as you want, down to the type of coffee, your favourite barista and best seat in which to drink it!)
• Best place for a walk?
• Best place to look out over an amazing view?
• Best thing to do at night?
• Best breakfast in town?
• Best thing to do in town for free?
• Best thing to do for under $20?
• Best thing to do if money is no object?
• Best souvenir to take home from your town?
• Best thing to do on a hot day?
• Best place to warm up on a winter’s day?
• Best restaurant with a view?
• Best cheap-and-cheerful restaurant?
• Best place for a slap-up meal?
• Best place for visitors to your town to buy local produce/stock up on groceries etc?
• Best place to buy something from a local artist?
• Best place to go if you want to learn more about your town? (Eg particular museum, library etc)